These are the stories of my truly amazing, always full of energy, and very silly little man.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

What is its full name?



The other day, I had an very entertaining conversation with Donovan and it went something like this:


Donovan pointing and asking, "Mom, is that your butt?"


Me, "Yes, but I prefer you call it a bottom."


Donovan, "What is the bottom's other name, is it butt?"


Me, "No, (long pause) it is gluteus maximus."


Donovan, "What name is butt then?"


Me, "Butt is a kind of nickname for the bottom."


Donovan, "So it's full name is Gluteus Maximus Bottom?"


Me, "I guess so."


Then Donovan started marching around saying, "Gluteus Maximus Bottom, Gluteus Maximus Bottom, Gluteus Maximus Bottom!"
This all probably doesn't seem quite as funny written down, but it got me truly laughing out loud.


All of this probably stems from Donovan knowing his full name and now believing that every other thing must have a first, middle, and last name. For instance, our car's name is Shiroi (She-roy-ee -- it means white in Japanese) and Donovan asked me the other day, "What is the car's full name?" I told him, "It is just Shiroi", but he said, "It's last name is O'Neal." He then asked, "What is it's middle name?" Not wanting a long explanation, I said, "It is Mazda." Donovan then stated, "Shiroi (which he pronounces shidowee) Mazda O'Neal; that's a nice name."

0 comments: