These are the stories of my truly amazing, always full of energy, and very silly little man.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This is my Dan



Back when Donovan was first speaking little bits of words, he would call me "Mom-Mom" and Dan he would call "Da", which seemed perfectly normal, but after a little while, it seemed like he was actually saying "Dan" and not Dad. This seemed resonable, since I call my husband by his name, Dan and it really does sound so close. We thought it was cute, but made a point of telling Donovan he should call him Dad. For the last year, he has referred to him as Dad most of the time.

Lately, Donovan has begun to refer to his father as Dan again. Now that he talks quite well, there is no denying what he is saying. If you ask Donovan who Dan is, he says, "That's Dan." If you ask him who is dad is, he will say, "Dan," or "Dan is my dad." The more we correct him, the more he tries to use Dan instead of Dad. I asked him the other day why he calls him Dan and not Dad and Donovan's response was, "Because it's his name." How can you argue with that? So for now, we are Mom and Dan.

0 comments: